TEMC 2018 Intern Program
Become an Intern at TEMC 2018.
This intern opportunity was first offered last year for the TEM Conference. The program will provide opportunities for you to gain experience in event management and public relations whilst assisting with the day-to-day venue management and running of this year’s Tertiary Education Management Conference.
The TEMC Internship Program is designed for students and early-career university staff who are interested in communication, PR and event management.
Benefits of the TEMC 2018 Internship Program
- You will have the opportunity to become involved in the conference operations and gain insights and experience in running a large event.
- Gain experience in venue management, social media and organisational skills.
- Contribute to the positive conference experience and generate a positive energy.
- Receive a complimentary three day pass to TEMC 2018 (Up to $1,500 total value).
- Gain professional recognition including a certificate and reference.
Responsibilities of being a TEMC 2018 Intern
Interns are expected to contribute to the successful running of the event and act as public representatives of the conference.
To achieve this the responsibilities of the interns would be to:
- Support the conference management team in providing front line assistance during the conference.
- Act as room coordinators – meet and greet session hosts and presenters at each session, ensure room is set up correctly, tally up room use, assist with seating of delegates etc.
- Contribute to a positive energetic vibe about the conference by providing positive and informative social media postings throughout the day, including tweets, Facebook and Instagram posts and live feeds highlighting interesting things observed in the sessions/rooms they are coordinating.
- Prepare a “Welcome to Perth” information pack with suggestions for local coffee shops, stores, must see sights etc for visitors (this can be either digital or print).
- Provide suggestions and support for delegates throughout the conference.
- Report back to the organising committee on how the day went and suggest any improvements.
Want to join the team?
- It is preferred that you are Perth based, as flights and accommodation are not included in the internship.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to being available for the duration of the conference (10 – 12 September 2018) from 7.30 am until the close of each day. We also request you are available on the Sunday before the conference (9 September).
- It is preferred that interns are in attendance at the Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner to provide social media coverage.
- Have a keen interest in learning more about organisational management, preferably event management and/or PR.
- You must be outgoing and willing to learn.
- You must be able to demonstrate your experience with social media and be willing to provide positive, engaging, vibrant and informative posts across multiple channels.
- You must have proven communication and organisation skills.
- You must demonstrate a willingness to meet new people and work collaboratively with the Conference Organising Committee.
- You must be willing to have fun!
How to apply?
- Using the below application form, enter your details and outline in 500 words or less why you would like to be a TEMC intern, and how you meet the above criteria.
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 10 August 2018
Note, if you’re successful and you have already registered for the conference we will arrange for a reimbursement.